Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Pain! A Review

Hi,
Oh my gosh!!! I have finally been able to access my blog! What a frustrating struggle. I am going to post this article I had in my drafts. A huge update needs to be added but am so excited I am finally able to access my blog that I wanted to post something right away so I am going with this. Update to come soon.....Promise!
I think pain is one of the most frequent reasons people seek medical help. Pain is a symptom. Something that should not be ignored! In the ER it is one of the things that will get you bumped to the front of the line about as quick as anything.

So what can I say about pain that most people don't know? Before you seek professional attention, or as you are going to seek professional attention answer these questions. When did it start? Was it horrible pain from the start or did it gradually get worse? What does it feel like? sharp, dull, tingly, burning, stabbing, cramping? Does it radiate anywhere? That means does the pain start in one area of your body and move to another area? What were you doing just before the pain started? Maybe you have had the pain a lot longer than you think. We all seem to put minor pain out of our mind and keep going.

Pain is a signal. It is your body's way of saying, "Hey, you, there is something not right here!" It could be something you ate, a movement you performed that injured something, or an organ not functioning as it should. Pain should never be ignored. Your body is telling you something.

In reality, chronic pain is the hardest to deal with. As that low grade chronic pain becomes louder and louder, you eventually have to begin to listen to it. What to do? I have been dealing with Chronic right knee and hip pain for years. It may have started years ago when I had a bicycle accident and injured my right knee. I have dealt with it as it has gotten severe throughout the years with chiropractic care which has taken the pain away. Since I am such a do it your-selfer, I've done trigger point therapy, which worked for a time, Chiropractic with physical therapy and therapeutic massage, to any and all nutritional avenues I could think of. Most alleviated some of the pain for awhile. As long as I was doing whatever therapy. None alleviated the pain completely. About 6 years ago this pain became more or less constant and with any amount of walking, I was in a lot of pain. Now I don't do pain medication much at all because I know it just masks the pain that we need to be paying attention to. However, I must admit to taking some Ibuprofen every once in awhile when I just couldn't stand the pain.

Sounds a bit pathetic. I am doing everything I knew how to do. I've been to acupuncturists, chiropractors, had an X-ray that showed I have degeneration in that right hip. I don't take that as the last word. I know my body can heal. My right knee was more painful than my hip but after expert examination, it seemed to have nothing wrong with it but maybe slightly stretched ligaments. Other than that the pain in my knee, I was told was from compensating for the misplacement of my hip.I spent $350 on orthoutics. OK so maybe they helped a bit. But nothing helped enough for me to get on with the living of my life without chronic pain.

Comes now the search for something else. I am working from the inside out with nutritional supplements recommended by a thorough hair analysis and still looking for the answer. Pain Free Living by Pete Escogue. Pete is a postural therapist. I had never heard of such a person. But there you have it. That is why I will never claim to know it all. There is so much out there that even with my constant research I am still running into something new to me. So Pete has been doing his thing for 30 plus years and has clinics all over the world and the US. I got myself his book and started reading. On the face, it sure does make sense that your posture can make or break you. Give you pain or give you relief.

Update, I was seen by an Escogue practitioner who did an analysis of my posture and gave me exercises to do. They helped, like all else, a little. This is something I would encourage anyone dealing with chronic pain to consider. While it has not solved my issue, it shows promise to at least help.

Just 6 weeks ago I had Prolo injections on my right hip and knee with quite a bit of help with the pain, especially in the beginning. However now I am back to hurting quite a bit.

Main thing here is to Keep searching for the underlying cause of that pain! My pain update coming soon. This was written 2013 so a lot has happened since I initially wrote this.

Till later,
Healthbug

No comments:

Post a Comment