Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Responsibility

Wow! I've really taken a break from posting. But not from learning as well as thinking about things I'd like to post. I start with a new commitment to blog more consistently!

As I have been thinking about how to motivate people to take charge of their own health, I realize that taking responsibility of our health goes hand in hand with motivation.

You've heard the old saying "No decision, is a decision!" Responsibility for our health does fall upon our own shoulders whether we give that power to some health care professional or whether we choose to maintain that power. My own health is still my responsibility. Sure, Mom's are responsible for their children, but in that case a Mom who passes off that responsibility to someone else for themselves will pass off their responsibility for their own children to someone else.

The truth is, we and we alone hold the key to being the healthiest we can be. Gosh, I think I may have touched on this before. Well anyway, it is so important for us to realize just how much we can do for ourselves to get healthy and stay healthy. Once a person gets a clear picture of the powerful influence they have on their own health (and that of their immediate family), they can and will begin to see where they can make a huge difference in their health.

My question to myself is, can and will people be motivated to do what they can to get and stay healthy by knowing that they have that responsibility whether they acknowledge/use that power or not?
I hope so, but don't know. I believe knowledge is power and the reason more people don't take charge of their own health is because they don't realize what power they have in making a difference in their own health!

Maybe you disagree? Let me know some of your thoughts. I love to learn and finding out where people come from is very rewarding.
Till next time,
your friendly
Health Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment